Friday, January 13, 2006

His Eye is on the Sparrow...

Ok.. so I really didn't know what to title this entry, but I am listening to that song, and i LOVE it. So, "I sing becuase I'm happy, I sing becuase I'm free, His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."
So this is my second week of being a Pastor. How crazy is this that god put me in a position where i get to be apart of ministry and helping to change the lives of so many young people. that's sooo cool. I love it here. I am getting use to the city life, which is fun. I have been over to Halifax area with Gerry and Audry Barkhouse. They are a wonderful couple that i live with.. for this month. Idon't know who I'm with for next month. But the time is passing sooo fast. I can't believe it. Anyway. the other day I was down in Eastern Passage, oh gosh.. I miss the ocean. I love the smell of the salt water, I love the wind always blowing in your face... even if it does have a bit of a chill to it. I love the sound of the waves crashing up against the shore. I love walking the beach in my bare feet and looking for shells. I love the peacefulness that it brings. So it was SOO nice to just walk on the beach. Kelvin, I will take you there when you are here. It's beautiful!
Bunny is doing GREAT! i think she loves her new home... in my office. She get's free reign when i am in the office... I learned that i have to keep a bit of a close eye on her because she likes to eat phone chord. oops.. luckly we had a spare... i hope i don't need anymore spares. But she's jsut as cute as ever... and hasn't really grown too much since i got her, she's jsut thickining out some. but she's still cute. She likes to lick. And she sits on my shoulder and i walk around all over and she jsut stays there. Eats my hair. It's nice to have her around...especially where i don't know very many people, at least to hang out with.
So work is good. I'm learning peoples names and talking with lots of parents. I really have to get out of my comfort zone as far as meeting poeple. I'm not very good at it. the shy introverted side comes out. OH... and I have had to learn to budget this past week or so... gosh... money doesn't go very far before it's gone.. gosh. I haven't even spent it but i know it's already gone. AND I had to go looking for a job;... I haven't had a job outside of ministry before. It's soo weird looking fro a job. I put in a couple of applications, so that's a start. I know that God has everything under control.
So that's my story for this week. I dont' think i mentioned., but i get to be IN my brother's wedding. I'm SOO excited. Christine asked me to be a Bridesmaid. I have never done that before, but i'm sooo excited about it. They get married July 21, 2006. Wow.. my brother's going to be married. It's still hard to believe sometimes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sashie -how i miss you! Glad to hear all is well and the bunny is still cute.

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who would've ever thought we'd end up as real pastor's eh?

congrats on the bunny still being alive, btw :)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Hey girly girl! I miss you!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home