Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Day on the Job

Wow... i'm a PASTOR.. i never thought this day would come... let alone being a children's pastor of an amazing Church like Hillside. God has His way of doing things. Ok.. so Technically Sunday was my first Debute... i preached my first sermon in a church.. period.. that was nerve racking.. and i know i could have done more to fix it up.. but it's done and over with.. these people have alot of grace. But Monday was THE day. I go from 9-4:30.. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday... Sunday's.. they are just booked... at least these are the hours to work, until i get my part time job. I also have Pioneer Club Thursday evenings. I think i'll be kept on my toes. So my first day on the job.. i moved into my office. At least i tried to.. i didn't have all of my stuff there with me.. so it took a little longer. My family is comming up with the rest of my stuff today, including the bunny which will stay in my office. So that's exciting. I can't wait. I know there will be a few children who will be in my office all the time. The pastor's kids :) But it will be nice to have the company. Pastor Bill got my regular computer up and running.. he's a very handy guy. And Pastor Peter and i went through expectations and all that stuff. Its' been an interesting process so far. AND beyond all of that.. i went traveling through cole harbour to find out where all the stuff is. Like the basic Necessities. Wal Mart... Super Store.. Bank.. Tim Horton's.. I think i have my bases covered as of right now.
Oh.. I don't Think i have written anything of recently about my brother Jason. Well.. ti's been a HUGE deal that he has come home. Chirstmas it was all about watching the Thai presents being opened. they were SOO cool. I have some hung in my office right now. But on Dec. 31, 2005... my brother is ENGAGED to Ms. Christine Reidsma. I'm SOOO excited for them.. i will have a sister in law... but i love her to death already. She's great and totally fits in with our family. So i'm very excited about that. that's the altest news of my life. First day of WORK.. oh.. and i have my business cards already.. they say.. Pastor Sasha Blaikie... and then phone number and fax, address of the church. It's sooo cool! I have a business card.
HAPPY New Year to everyone!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a pastor! how weird is that?!?

congrats, though, you'll do great at it. just remember that you will fail on your own, and you'll do just fine :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger His Beloved said...

yay!! that's so exciting!! maybe someday i'll get to come visit your church my pastor friend! :) love you!

10:59 AM  
Blogger matthew said...

haha, sounds great sasha!

I felt so stange my first week

7:34 PM  
Blogger Nata said...

It's surreal, isn't it? Sometimes I STILL do a double take when my kids call me "Pastor Nata". For some reason, though, it doesn't sound as weird coming from the senior saints.

Some weekend off when Paul and I go visit his parents, we'll come up :)

6:43 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Sasha
Jason and Christine are super cute, and her ring is beautiful... :) Very happy for them.
Also, I've heard a lot about your bunny - by which I mean I've read about it on both AJ and Kelly's blogs. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying Hillside, as I'm sure they're enjoying you. I'll be home soon enough, excited to see how things are going and how my church is changing and growing! Maybe we can go for coffee or something. :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

My SASHA!!!!! I found you! So much has happened since we last spoke... Love you!!!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home