Monday, April 10, 2006

Canadian Idol

Well, My brother and I tried out for Canadian Idol. However, it was a good experience. We made it past the two preliminary rounds which was awesome. The first time was on our own, adn then the second was becuase they wanted somthing to laugh at... they put us in together to sing a duet. Yea... we haven't sung together in a year.. it was rough.. But we were a gag.. we knew it going in. HOWEVER... part of this whole Canadian Idol process.. which i jsut happened to clue in to.. this whole intuition thing.. so i was paying a little closer attention at the Tv side of things. the judges, bascially in the Celebrity round go by what the producers say in the two preliminary rounds. You have the executive for the first and the Producers for the second.. sooo.. i botched up my second audition, and from conversations that we had... it was repeated on the air, which, they wouldn't have known had they been in the audition room with me. So.. it's a little pre- determined as to who get's a gold ticket or not. But it was still a good experience non the less. I enjoyed the whole ride. So for those of you who are trying out.. your first two rounds are a REAL BIG kicker! It's TV right, they have to do what sells... and if that means doing a great job or passing people through becuase they can't.. well.. the show must go on! BUT.. they were all super nice! They weren't hard on us at all. Maybe becuase when Zach starting singing if you happy and you know it.. my brother and i clapped with him..lol.. which made him realize how silly we were.. but we sang a duet.. which wasn't the best.. i missed a key change.. they tried to get my brother to insult me.. just to make it more interesting.. but.. ya know.. we jsut had fun.. even if they make fun of us..lol. again, as part of mine being pre determined ( which i'm sure the judges can change some of the decisions).. they reemphazised what one of the producers had to say.... BUT.. nice thing they said...i had a very nice tone, nice voice, but i sounded like the girl next door.. no one out of the ordinary ( nothing i didn't already know) So, with a happy face, i just kept on smiling and taking their criticism.. which was totally cool, because i agreed with them... i know.. some of you are thinking..don't think like that.. it's not positive... yea yea.. i know... but let's talk realistically..lol... i'm not pop star material..lol. You have to have the heart for it to really get what you want.. and it's not what i have to offer.. it's never been a dream of mine to be a stage singer. HOWEVER..Zach liked my brother, they gave him a potential yes.. which wasn't enough when you have 4 judges unlike American Idol.. but none the less it was a great experience... Everyone encourage Kyle to try again next year. I relaly think he has it to do this event!
So.. that's my story.. sorry it isn't all that fun, but.. the best part.. was getting to know other Artists adn vocalsist in the area. They were soo much fun, and everyone was soo supportive. They had Great support Staff, great people working for them. Honestly it was awesome to be apart of it and see how things work from behind the scenes... it's what you don't see on Tv. It's really cool.
I think the best part.. is that i did something that was TOTALLY out of my character to do. I went for something that i would have only dreamt to try, and i did it. I feel soo good about trying for something that i didn't realize that i could push myself to do. It's a great feeling knowing that i at least tried... i failed.. but that doens't mean i have to stop there. It's a learning process.. which is why i went for it. I never thought i could do it. When you in with the judges.. my nerves were gone..like.. i didn't notice the producers or anything off to the side.. we jsut.. were ourselves... and they did what they were suppose to do. It was cool.
So that's my nonsense ramble of Canadian Idol! Have fun watching it if you do!

7 Comments:

Blogger His Beloved said...

that's so awesome sasha! i'm so glad you went for it. i'd never in a million years be able to do something like that! i may even watch the first few episodes just to see if you're on! :) i love you! hope things are going well for you! miss ya!

8:56 PM  
Blogger me said...

ramble, rambleā€¦ I didn't quite make sense of everything. You'll have to tell me this weekend.

love ya-

4:49 PM  
Blogger thespearfamily said...

You are a cool person to do that.

6:14 AM  
Blogger superwomanlmm said...

Way to go!!! That's awesome! I can't imagine how nerve racking that would be, but it sounds like you had a great time. It was really good seeing you this weekend. You Rock!!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Pastor Shasta... ;) I'm sitting in the media booth at Hillside. You came for lunch with us on Sunday. We should hang out again while I'm here! I leave in 12 days. Anyway. Peace out girl scout!

4:22 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Dearest Shasha ;) You should update your blog. Just a thought!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Sarah Gomez said...

SASHA !!!! I SAW YOU ON TV!!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home